Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 January 2011

To Write Or Not To Write

I've just realized that it took me too long to post a topic on my blog. I'm not sure of the reasons, but I'm pretty sure that missing the point of 'blogging' is among them. Another reason may be my high concern of formality (which I don't know how much high). Anyways, I feel that it, partly, has to do with the issue of exposure; that is, unveiling my own thoughts ideas and feelings! but come on, isn't this the main motive and aim for having a blog!! You know? even now, I hear a sound in my ear telling me to stop and hit the return button! Therefore, I've decided to resist it and continue. Since I need desperately to continue with this, I would just remind myself of what writing does, it turns the abstract and unseen ideas into concrete and tangible materials.Yes, here is where the exposure challenge comes. However, once it's there recorded and materialized, the chance to return to it, review it and develop it is greater than having it in the mind (which is like hanging in the air!). This is one reason I'm adding now to motivate myself to continue and I'm telling you this, so that I can feel and sense the 'exposure' I'm worried about!
You know what? it feels good :)

4 comments:

  1. if you ask me: this is a formal execuse and a formal resoning.the idea of blogging you put comes to me as a duty you have to fulfil, but its not at least for me..its fine to write whenever you want and whatevr its.I think people start blogging for the sake of thier words more that other things..i mean its YOUR BLOG, so its always YOUR TIME and YOUR way..

    and i think when you choose to be exposed, its a choice to be appriciated by yourself at the first place.
    YOUR ARE OWNING THIS BLOG, ITS ALL YOURS..
    you dont need to be so careful about yourself Mr. very careful.
    you know what? it really feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming along.
    I agree with you that it IS my own blog, but you should know that once it's out there it's not yours any more, is it?

    It's just like oral speaking; the words are yours until you spit them out. At the end, I get what you mean, so I'm doing it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. salaam brother
    i liked what u wrote above

    i like ur strong and organized english as well
    i will be here always

    keep on writting , its a good and great way to live
    wish u all the best (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Rahma
    It's my honer to have your comments on my blog!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete